snooker tips the grip explained.

Thanks! Share it with your friends!

this video shows the grip in a way that will enable the cue to remain level throughout the complete stroke. Also help to stop the “see saw” on the bridge & r…

• Rating:
  • Views:286 views
  • Tags: -
  • Categories: Snooker Cue

Comments

kevy62 says:

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to post a very helpful comment. cheers,Kevin

MrCarpmagic95 says:

Having said that part about Ronnies tip in holding the flat part of the butt section aiming upward rather than on your palm as it has been designed to do, I have actually struggled personally in using that technique but then my father has improved his game very much with it and so I thought it wouldnt hurt mentioning here for anyone who may be learning the game and still learning their play style and cue techniques just incase they wish to try it out and perhaps itle work for them in their game.

MrCarpmagic95 says:

Ronnie O’sullivan has a video which explains that he holds the cue so that the flat part of the butt which is actually designed to be help against the palm of your hand when cueing pointing dirently upward to the ceiling. Ronnie says he finds this best because its easy to feel the flat part of the butt pointing directly upward and so he knows the cue is being held very steady with no twist, where as on the palm as its designed to be held it, the cue can actually twist without him realising.

gav25x says:

hi, no i only use the rest for certain shots, most of the time i just use a normal bridge. when i’m cueing up my forearm is kinda at an angle because i’m low down, but that shouldn’t stop me using the two finger grip.

kevy62 says:

hello again, If playing from a seated position, do you use a rest type technique?

I only ask as the grip is quite simular ..as in, you don’t grip with all of the fingers, just the first 1 or 2.. let me know how you get on. …K

gav25x says:

Ah ok, that makes sense. I tried that last night and it felt like i had less control, i’ll have to keep doing it until i get used to it, i play the game from a seated position and i have to hold the cue slightly different. I’m still trying to get used to the pause, theres always an urgency to hit the ball straight after i’ve feathered it a few times. Thanks a lot for the tips!

kevy62 says:

Hi there, One reason, is it could make the cue see-saw on your bridge.
IE: A stun shot could become top by the end of the stroke.

By griping with just the first finger, or first & second fingers , is this will enable the cue to remain level throughout the “FULL” cue action, from maximum back swing, to the end of the follow through.
most failures are due to over gripping the butt, thus causing tension in the action, this makes it difficult to keep the cue on line…K

gav25x says:

Hi, can you tell me the reason for not gripping the cue with all fingers?

Write a comment